Notifications
Clear all

Is this you? --> I need support!  

RSS
Alison Simmons
(@laughhopethrive)
Member Admin

I get motivated in January when I start off with a new Bible reading plan or get excited when I start a new study guide, but I never seem to be able to stick with it. Life just sort of takes over. I get lots out of my time with God when I spend it with Him, but I am not consistent. I could really use some encouragement and accountability. 

Alison

Posted : 26/03/2020 7:39 am
Edie crone
 Edie crone
(@Edie crone)

Yes this is where I need help. I have a big family and help with my sick mom and seems like I have great intentions but the interruptions start early. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/03/2020 8:01 am
Gracia Moore
 Gracia Moore
(@Gracia Moore)

I think an accountability partner would be a great help. I can make time but the support would definitely keep me grounded! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/03/2020 9:16 am
Amy
 Amy
(@Amy)

I definitely need a support group to help keep me accountable. At first I would say I have no time but in reality I need help staying on track. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/03/2020 9:34 pm
andylea75
(@andylea75)

Hi Alison! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/03/2020 9:48 pm
Rachel
 Rachel
(@Rachel)

I have a bible reading partner. My struggle isn’t reading the Bible, I feel so much guilt when I skip a day that I actually struggle with a legalistic approach to reading.  The joy of reading the Bible through books that don’t interest me as much is my other problem. There are days that I have big insights and I’m so grateful for the word then there are the books of Leviticus and numbers that seem boring so I “tune out”  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/03/2020 11:11 pm
Alison Simmons
(@laughhopethrive)
Member Admin

@Rachel - I totally understand this! When it was a "check in the box" for me, I felt like I deserved God's blessings on the day I did it and not on the days I didn't. It wasn't until I changed my perspective and my Bible time became a conversation with God every day that the guilt subsided and I could wait to have my quiet time, which doesn't always look like sitting down with my Bible and reading for 30 min. Sometimes, all I get is 5 min of praying while I am washing the dishes! But even that it is still time I devote to growing my relationship with the Lord! I am so excited to have you join the scripture writing challenge! I hope you are blessed by it 😍 

Alison

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/04/2020 8:14 am
Korinne
 Korinne
(@Korinne)

I enjoy reading God's word but would appreciate the accountability and support in gleaning from his word.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/04/2020 11:02 am

Leave a reply

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share:
Loading cart ...