Notifications
Clear all

Day 8: Genesis 12:1-3  

RSS

Alison Simmons
(@laughhopethrive)
Member Admin
08/04/2020 7:15 am  

Wow! Just stop and think for a moment about what God was telling Abram to do in these verses. Anybody who has moved across town, let alone from one country to another knows what an undertaking it is. But similar to the blessing God gave Noah in yesterday's scripture, we see God promising to do great things through Abram when he obeys.

Interestingly enough, God tells Abram about these blessings before Abram is faithful rather than after, as He did with Noah. I don't know if that made it easier to obey God's command, but I would imagine knowing that God was going with him to protect him and had a future laid out for him did encourage Abram.

We don't necessarily hear from God in this way. We often don't know what the plan is when we step out in faith and obey Him but we can feel His presence. What is something scary that God has asked you to do in your life and also gave you peace about at the same time? 

Alison

Topic Tags
Racheljacobi
(@racheljacobi)
08/04/2020 11:03 am  

Definitely this move to Virginia. Every step of the way, God seemed to be opening doors and pushing us through them. Lol 

Every time josh and I expected that this would be the step that things “ fall through” it wouldn’t and another door opened. When we prayed we just had peace that God was telling us to go to Virginia, even though we wanted to stay in Indiana with our family and friends. We have still don’t know “why” just yet but we are at peace that we are following Gods plan. 

ReplyQuote
Alison Simmons
(@laughhopethrive)
Member Admin
08/04/2020 2:30 pm  

@racheljacobi That is totally awesome! I am sure your family misses you like crazy, but knowing that this was God's plan and having peace about it is such a blessing. I hope you guys have settled in as much as possible given the circumstances!

Alison

ReplyQuote
Cindy Simmons
(@shortmeyer)
Eminent Member
08/04/2020 4:02 pm  

I know in my life recently I was called upon to help make a decision for our church. It was such a big responsibility and I was in constant prayer over this and didn’t know what direction the Lord wanted for our church but all I knew is the Lord wasn’t giving me peace about saying “yes” to an answer. When I finally said, “ok Lord, you want me to say “no” to this question...that I finally had a total peace over me. It was a complete answer to my prayer!  He is faithful to answer us and show us guidance!

ReplyQuote
Alison Simmons
(@laughhopethrive)
Member Admin
08/04/2020 7:08 pm  

@shortmeyer That is wonderful! 🥰

Alison

ReplyQuote
StaceyLK
(@staceylk)
Eminent Member
09/04/2020 11:21 am  
  • Oh my goodness - something that God gave us peace about but that was also super scary, was buying our house! It was a weird situation that would take too long to type...but lets just say - that the whole situation was a God-thing, and He literally opened door after door after door along the way, making things happen that others were like, nope. That will never happen - and poof - God made the way! It is seriously one of my favorite stories to tell because there is NO denying that God was in the whole thing! However - we had to just blindly step out in faith several times...which was very scary at the time! But God is SO faithful! And, He gave us peace about it! When other people were cringing & freaking out...we were just like, God's GOT this! He hasn't failed us yet! ❤

ReplyQuote
Jen
 Jen
(@jen515)
09/04/2020 11:26 am  

I love that God didn’t tell Abram where to go explicitly. It was a “GO!” And Abram trusted that God would direct him. 
When I started my blog I heard a definite call to go from God. And although I feel like I was  following where he led, I’m still at a place where I’m honestly a little confused how I got here. But I’m going to trust that this is part of the journey God has for me. Thanks Alison!

ReplyQuote
Alison Simmons
(@laughhopethrive)
Member Admin
09/04/2020 4:08 pm  
Posted by: @staceylk

But God is SO faithful! And, He gave us peace about it! When other people were cringing & freaking out...we were just like, God's GOT this! He hasn't failed us yet! ❤

This is so true!! 🤩 

Alison

ReplyQuote
Alison Simmons
(@laughhopethrive)
Member Admin
09/04/2020 4:10 pm  
Posted by: @jen515

And although I feel like I was  following where he led, I’m still at a place where I’m honestly a little confused how I got here. But I’m going to trust that this is part of the journey God has for me.

Girl - me too!!! HAHA

And I TOTALLY love your journaling page. I keep telling myself I am going to start doing this but it never happens. 

Alison

ReplyQuote
Share:
Loading cart ...