Notifications
Clear all

Day 7: Genesis 9:8-11  

RSS

Alison Simmons
(@laughhopethrive)
Member Admin
07/04/2020 7:04 am  

While yesterday we focused on the punishment of Adam and Eve for their disobedience, today it the exact opposite! These verses express the blessing that comes from God to Noah because he is faithful and does exactly what God commanded him to do.

Like Creation, the account of Noah's ark is often turned into a cute " children's story," but when we do that, we miss the reality of how hard it was for Noah to stay faithful.

First of all, Noah obeyed God despite the job he was assigned was incredibly difficult! Not only because of the workload but also because of the ridicule that came along with the job. The people of his day thought he was crazy!

Second, the storm that raged for 40 days and 40 nights was likely very scary. Despite the ark being a massive ship, I am sure it rocked and tipped violently. (Have you ever seen a video of cruise ships in rough weather?!

Third, even if the rocking didn't make them seasick, imagine the smell of all those animals in close quarters - not just for the duration of the storm, but for the 150 days following it that the family had to wait for the waters to recede. Yet the animals still needed to be taken care of and Noah's family only had each other to spend time with. Talk about a "mandatory quarantine!" 

And yet Noah stays the course and trusts in God's plan. He obeys God's commands and leads his family to do the same. And then, in these verses, we see God's promise to Noah. (If you go back and read the verses before this, you will see more of the blessing Noah and his family receives).

When has God commanded you to do something that seems crazy to you (and others) and yet you obeyed Him and trusted in His goodness through the hard parts of His plan? What kind of blessing from God did you experience because of it?

Alison

Topic Tags
Racheljacobi
(@racheljacobi)
07/04/2020 11:39 am  

To try to recount all the times through the years that God has faithfully blessed when I’ve simply obeyed would take too long to type out. One of the biggest blessing is simply peace of mind. I struggle with anxiety but when I am following God my anxiety subsides. 

ReplyQuote
JoAmmon
(@joammon)
07/04/2020 12:00 pm  

There are so many blessings I've been given along the way, and I hope I never forget any of them. The first blessing that comes to mind is my son. We waited 2 long years for him. (I know other couples have waited much longer, so looking back, this in itself is a blessing.) During those 2 years, I learned a lot about trusting God and his timing. Like so many other things in life, I expected to just get what I wanted when I wanted it. Instead, I needed to lean on God and trust that He would give us exactly what we needed when we needed it. We live on his timeline, not our own. 

There are so many blessings and promises to be thankful for!

ReplyQuote
StaceyLK
(@staceylk)
Eminent Member
07/04/2020 10:38 pm  

Yeah, to actually name all of the blessings amidst the hardships would literally take forever, but there have been so many. Because God is faithful & He wants to lavish His children with blessings...we just need to trust & obey! If only I would trust & obey right away....😜

ReplyQuote
Cindy Simmons
(@shortmeyer)
Eminent Member
08/04/2020 1:34 am  

I pray for the faith like Noah. What blessings when we follow what the Lord wants for our life!

ReplyQuote
Alison Simmons
(@laughhopethrive)
Member Admin
08/04/2020 7:00 am  
Posted by: @staceylk

If only I would trust & obey right away....😜

Right?! You would think we would have figured this out by now! haha

Alison

StaceyLK liked
ReplyQuote
Arussell2012
(@arussell2012)
08/04/2020 9:18 am  

So many it’s hard to list them all. I would say the biggest thing was when he freed me from my chains about becoming a momma. I was so caught up in that and even bitter over it. But I remember the exact moment God freed me. It’s a feeling I will never forget. And literally two weeks from that moment we got the call about Malachi. God had different and better plans for us. ❤️

ReplyQuote
Arussell2012
(@arussell2012)
08/04/2020 9:19 am  

@racheljacobi this is me too! I can struggle with anxiety so much. God is gracious about giving me peace. 

ReplyQuote
Alison Simmons
(@laughhopethrive)
Member Admin
08/04/2020 2:27 pm  
Posted by: @arussell2012

But I remember the exact moment God freed me. It’s a feeling I will never forget.

Yes! I have had a moment like this too. Ironically it was the opposite situation - I was an overwhelmed, angry mom who just wanted to be left alone. But it felt like God literally dumped a bucket of love on my head and washed the feeling away all at once. It isn't that I never get angry 🙄, but it is not the core of who I am anymore. 

Thank you for sharing that personal moment 😍 

Alison

ReplyQuote
Share:
Loading cart ...