Notifications
Clear all

Day 6: Genesis 3:22-24  

RSS

Alison Simmons
(@laughhopethrive)
Member Admin
06/04/2020 7:58 am  

The final blow that comes after God lays out punishment for the sin of eating from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil is sending the couple out from the garden they knew as their home. This was a drastic, but necessary consequence!

God did this for 2 reasons: 
     1) By allowing themselves to be manipulated by the serpent, the couple failed to fulfill their priestly duty of guarding the 
         garden. Consequently, their priestly status is removed and they are put out of the sanctuary. They are no longer fit to 
         guard the garden.

2) If the couple stays in the garden, they have access to the Tree of Life and would live forever in their sinful state,
         something God cannot bear and He must prevent. Though we know He has a plan for redeeming man, at this time, there
         must be judgment for their actions.

Have you ever rebelled against God and He disciplined you in a very strong way? Has He taken something from you or demanded you change? In the thick of discipline, it can be hard to see that what God is doing is ultimately for our benefit, but we often gain perspective as time passes.

Alison

Racheljacobi
(@racheljacobi)
06/04/2020 10:45 am  

In hindsight I am always thankful for Gods punishments. They set me “free” in a way that bring me closer to him. I look forward to the day that I am finally set free from my earthly and sinful body.  

ReplyQuote
Alison Simmons
(@laughhopethrive)
Member Admin
06/04/2020 5:18 pm  

@racheljacobi Yes! It is so painful at the time but I always look back and wonder why I fought it so hard! 🙄

Alison

ReplyQuote
StaceyLK
(@staceylk)
Eminent Member
06/04/2020 8:10 pm  
  1. Ugh! We are human....and sometimes need a spanking! Haha! But seriously, right?! Thankfully He will discipline us as many tines as we need so we will come back to Him & hopefully obey!
This post was modified 2 months ago by StaceyLK

ReplyQuote
Cindy Simmons
(@shortmeyer)
Eminent Member
06/04/2020 11:28 pm  

I did it!  I also want to thank you for this 30 day challenge, it couldn’t have come at a better time when we are all stuck at home and need something different to focus on. I am thankful that the Lord uses things in my life to change me for Him. 

ReplyQuote
Alison Simmons
(@laughhopethrive)
Member Admin
07/04/2020 6:40 am  

@shortmeyer You are so welcome! Even though I know I should be in my Bible every day, I always find it easier when I have a plan so this is as much for me as it is for anyone else. 😊 

Alison

ReplyQuote
Arussell2012
(@arussell2012)
07/04/2020 8:48 am  

Yes! At first it’s hard to see what’s God is trying to show me but it’s always sweet at the end. Sometimes it’s easy to think that Being a Christian is easy but God never promised that. 

ReplyQuote
Share:
Loading cart ...