Notifications
Clear all

DAY 5: Genesis 3:4-7  

RSS

Alison Simmons
(@laughhopethrive)
Member Admin
05/04/2020 11:32 am  

And this was the moment it all went wrong...

Oh Eve! What were you thinking?! Seriously, you HAD.IT.ALL. I so wish that I would never have been so foolish as to fall for the serpent's trick, but I know I would have because I know I already have. Just like Eve, I have looked around at my life and seen all that God has given me and wanted the one thing he didn't. It is cost me dearly. 

The good news is that God is gracious and He forgives. He restores. He changes. 

What areas of your life leave you feeling dissatisfied? How are those feelings robbing you of God's blessings? Have you asked God to let you go of craving what you don't have so you can enjoy all that He has given you?

For more on Eve and what went wrong, listen to this first episode of my new audio-devotional that I am working on. Click HERE to download the MP3 file and listen.

Alison

Topic Tags
Racheljacobi
(@racheljacobi)
05/04/2020 11:41 am  

I fall for this too many times than I can keep track of. When I do, I feel that immediate shame and need to “hide” as Adam and Eve did. I am so thankful for a forgiving God that graciously scolds but accepts me back loving. I pray to continue to learn to rely on the fact that God is enough and if I’m filled with him, there is nothing more that I could need. 

ReplyQuote
Arussell2012
(@arussell2012)
05/04/2020 1:51 pm  

I had just read psalm 103 and it was a beautiful picture of god’s forgiveness. I need it everyday... I often do things like Adam and Eve that I feel I need to hide but I know I have a gracious God who grace is never ending. 

ReplyQuote
StaceyLK
(@staceylk)
Eminent Member
05/04/2020 2:21 pm  
  • It's our human nature to want what we don't have. We are, unfortunately, human. 🙄 I'm such a practical person - so while I wish for things I don't have it's usually things like - I wish we just had enough money that we didn't have to worry about the bills getting paid & having food. But yet, we have never lacked what we needed. Ever! God has been so faithful to us over the years. I wish for our son to come back to the Lord. I wish for my grandsons to come to know the Lord. Those things are not up to me, so no matter how much I wish or want, it doesn't make any difference. God is in control. I know Eve gets a bad rap. She really does. Like - GIRL - why?! Haha! You had everything in the world...and you gave it up to have the ONE thing you were told you didn't need! Now we all suffer....childbirth...PMS...ugh! Girl! Why?! 

ReplyQuote
Cindy Simmons
(@shortmeyer)
Eminent Member
05/04/2020 11:27 pm  

I think we can get caught up in wants and forget to be thankful for what we already have...we always need more!  
Lord, help me to be content and thankful for what I have right now ♥️

ReplyQuote
Share:
Loading cart ...