Notifications
Clear all

DAY 4: Genesis 2:22-23  

RSS

Alison Simmons
(@laughhopethrive)
Member Admin
04/04/2020 8:08 am  

Woman was made from man, for man. In a culture that insists we see ourselves as "independent," we see that God didn't actually create us that way. Eve was literally a gift from God to Adam to be his perfect companion. 

This perspective doesn't treat women like they are "less" than men, but rather a valuable treasure - the most valuable, in fact. 

As a married woman, your role is to be your husband's helper. But what does that mean? You are to help him carry the workload, you are to comfort him in his struggles, you are to laugh with him in his joy, you are even to challenge him to see the world from a different perspective. Most of all, you are point him to God through your words and actions. You are his most valuable treasure (whether he recognizes that or not is another story and that is why you must find your value from God's perspective and not a man's ).

As a single woman, there is sooooo much the Bible has to say about your role as a helper. I will differ to this article, Gender Roles as the Single Woman because it explains it so much more beautiful than I can.

The point here is this...women are a gift from God. YOU are a gift from God. How does that make you feel? 

Alison

JoAmmon
(@joammon)
04/04/2020 2:46 pm  

This thought makes me feel extremely blessed and proud to be a woman, but it also makes me second guess myself in a way. I feel like I need to work on being a more forgiving, comforting, and supportive wife, mother, daughter, sister, and friend. I want to be able to be slow to frustration and anger in my words and actions, while being quick to forgive and love. I take this as a friendly, loving reminder to be the best I can be to encourage and help my loved ones!

ReplyQuote
Racheljacobi
(@racheljacobi)
04/04/2020 2:53 pm  

It makes me feel valued and treasured but also a big sense of responsibility to actually be that helper to my husband. Also, to teach my daughters how to be that woman. I have to say that most days I succeed at this but when I fail, I fail big! 

ReplyQuote
Alison Simmons
(@laughhopethrive)
Member Admin
04/04/2020 4:10 pm  

@joammon Yes! I know I need to work on it as well! Be sure to check out today's email because I share links to several posts that you may enjoy. 😊 

Alison

ReplyQuote
StaceyLK
(@staceylk)
Eminent Member
05/04/2020 12:59 am  

I agree with those above. It is comforting & amazing to know that we are a treasure & we are made for a purpose. But it's also a big responsibility to show my daughters & granddaughters (future) how to be. To know that I am created, loved & treasured is a wonderful feeling when I believe that...but sometimes (OK...all the time) my human brain & heart don't see myself that way...

ReplyQuote
Arussell2012
(@arussell2012)
05/04/2020 9:32 am  

It makes me feel special, even before I married David I was blessed with a peace that God was enough... Now I have a sweet husband who loves me the way God intended it, neither one of us is perfect. But I pray I am helper to David and not a hindrance to him. I don’t have daughters but I have nieces who I need to set an example. 

ReplyQuote
JoAmmon
(@joammon)
05/04/2020 10:36 am  

@laughhopethrive I read through all three of those posts and really enjoyed them and took them to heart. I especially enjoyed the one about how to be an encourager!

ReplyQuote
Alison Simmons
(@laughhopethrive)
Member Admin
05/04/2020 10:39 am  

@joammon I am so glad they were helpful!! They were written from the heart based on what God has taught and continues to teach me, about marriage. 😍 

Alison

JoAmmon liked
ReplyQuote
Cindy Simmons
(@shortmeyer)
Eminent Member
05/04/2020 12:50 pm  

I was created for a purpose, I am not lesser than but to be treasured!

ReplyQuote
Share:
Loading cart ...