Notifications
Clear all

Day 30: John 14:6  

RSS

Alison Simmons
(@laughhopethrive)
Member Admin
30/04/2020 7:31 am  

Today's final verse in this 30 Days of Finding Your Faith demands the same kind of faith our verses did on Day 1 about God creating the heaven's and the Earth.

Jesus is the ONLY way to heaven. No one may approach the throne of God without going through Him.

This is when people start getting uncomfortable about sharing their faith because we don't want to seem "exclusive" or "judgemental" by telling others that their religion is wrong. But here's the thing: If you claim to be a Christian and say that the Bible is true, these verses must be true.

Standing firm on your beliefs does not make you discriminative. It is the way that you live out those beliefs that make others either attracted to what you believe or repelled by it. 

I give you some bonus verses for today that I find so encouraging!

Mathew 5:14-16: "You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so they may see your good world and give glory to your Father who is in heaven."

YOU, my dear, are a light to the world. Do not hide it, but instead let your faith shine in a dark world. Use your light to help others find Jesus. 

Alison

Racheljacobi
(@racheljacobi)
30/04/2020 2:04 pm  

I have thoroughly enjoyed this challenge. It has been a refresher to just sit and meditate on every single word that I write out. Kind of sad to see it end. Thanks for letting me be a part of this 🥰

ReplyQuote
StaceyLK
(@staceylk)
Eminent Member
30/04/2020 4:56 pm  

Thanks so much for doing this challenge! It challenged me, and I loved doing it! It's been fun to see a few other women's views too! ❤

ReplyQuote
Cindy Simmons
(@shortmeyer)
Eminent Member
30/04/2020 4:59 pm  

Thank you Alison for the last 30 days. It has been very encouraging to me and I love to journal scripture now!  

Years ago when our kids were in High School we had a 15 year old girl from Japan stay with us for a month during the summer through a Christian organization.  She didn’t know much English so it was hard to share the Lord with her. At the end of the stay all the kids went to a camp and at that time there were Japanese counselors there and they heard the gospel in their language. Anyway, we kept in touch with her and prayed for her that the Lord would save her.
After 12 years and she accepted the Lord!  It was such a blessing to us!  She lives in the California now and she told us that when she stayed with us all those years ago she couldn’t understand much about Jesus but the one thing she knew is we showed her LOVE ♥️  It was Christ’s love she saw through us and He used that to bring her to him. 
We need to show people our love for Christ, show them we are different from the world!

ReplyQuote
Alison Simmons
(@laughhopethrive)
Member Admin
30/04/2020 6:52 pm  
Posted by: @shortmeyer

It was Christ’s love she saw through us and He used that to bring her to him. 

I just love that so much!!! What a testimony to how living your faith can impact another person and plant seeds that someone else would water and God would grow. 😍 

Alison

ReplyQuote
Alison Simmons
(@laughhopethrive)
Member Admin
30/04/2020 6:53 pm  

@racheljacobi I am so thankful it has been so helpful for you! ANd I truly appreciate your participation. ❤️ My plan is to do one of these every other month. So hopefully we will get to do this again with all new verses in June. 

Alison

ReplyQuote
Alison Simmons
(@laughhopethrive)
Member Admin
30/04/2020 6:55 pm  

@staceylk I am so glad you enjoyed it so much! Thank you so much for your daily contributions. Hopefully, I will be ready to do another one in June so stay tuned 😀 

Alison

StaceyLK liked
ReplyQuote
Arussell2012
(@arussell2012)
30/04/2020 9:46 pm  

Yes thank you so much! It was a blessing to me! I truly enjoyed taking time to think and pray on these verses! 

ReplyQuote
Share:
Loading cart ...