Notifications
Clear all

Day 29: John 3:16-17  

RSS

Alison Simmons
(@laughhopethrive)
Member Admin
29/04/2020 7:57 am  

We have arrived that the most well-known verses in all the Bible. These are the verses that held up on posters at football games. The verses that we teach our kids when they are little because they encapsulate the Gospel. 2 quick things I want to point out:

1) "that whoever believes in Him" - we must be careful because a LOT of people say they believe in Jesus and yet they are not living lives that indicate they are true Believers. Believing in Jesus is not something that can be done half-heartedly. It is an "all in" kind of belief.

• If He suffered and died for our sins then we must believe we are no longer slaves to our sin and cannot continue to live in them.
  • If He rose from the dead then we must believe everything else the Bible says about God must also be true too. 
  • If He is the way to eternal life than we must believe there is no other way to heaven. 

2) Jesus did not come to condemn the world, He came to save it. We must also not live to condemn others, but to point them the Savior.

Unfortunately, Christians can be accused of being judgemental. Sometimes, that is a result of us simply obeying the Bible and that makes others uncomfortable so they presume we are judging them. BUT sometimes we do judge others and look down on them as if we didn't need the same amount of grace they need. (Remember yesterday's post - motives matter!)

After examining your own belief, I encourage you to think about how you can live it out this week in front of someone you know doesn't believe whole-heartedly believe in Jesus. How can you point them to the Truth? Maybe this is through a loving conversation. Maybe this is by sharing a testimony of how God is working in your life (in the past or now). Maybe it is sending them a message with a Bible verse and prayer encouraging them. 

Remember, you believe what you say you believe, others need to know because their eternal destination depends on it!! 

Alison

StaceyLK
(@staceylk)
Eminent Member
29/04/2020 3:36 pm  

❤😊

ReplyQuote
Cindy Simmons
(@shortmeyer)
Eminent Member
29/04/2020 8:03 pm  

I have been talking to my cousin who is Mormon and trying to lovingly witness to her. So hard because she says the same “words” we say but they don’t necessarily mean the same thing!  I have been asking the Lord to guide me and give me the right words. ♥️

ReplyQuote
Alison Simmons
(@laughhopethrive)
Member Admin
30/04/2020 7:13 am  

@shortmeyer I totally understand that because there was a time when my Christian friends were sharing the Gospel with me and I *knew* it in my head, but not in my heart. It took the work of the Holy Spirit to pull back the veil, but they blazed the trail for years. Keep having those conversations and trust the Holy Spirit to do the rest. 😍 

Alison

ReplyQuote
Share:
Loading cart ...