Notifications
Clear all

Day 27: Luke 9:23-25  

RSS

Alison Simmons
(@laughhopethrive)
Member Admin
27/04/2020 6:50 am  

Today's verses give us the 3 "simple" steps we should follow to live a "good Christian life:"

1) deny ourselves
2) take up our cross daily
3) follow Jesus

Soooo easy, right?! HA!

I find these verses to be somewhat of an oxymoron because they do lay out a step-by-step process that is clear and concise. Of course, what DOING each of those steps is incredibly challenging at times.

To deny ourselves doesn't just mean to withhold certain things from our lives, it means giving up all personal control of our lives to Jesus.

To take up our cross daily is more than just struggling through the day-to-day trials we may experience, it is making a public commitment that will certainly lead to rejection and maybe even death.

Being a follower of Jesus can't be merely a label that we give ourselves because we attend or affiliate with a church, it must be a lifestyle that we maintain throughout the week in every facet of our life. 

As we near the end of this study which was intended to grow your faith by helping you draw near to God daily, consider what He is saying to you in these verses. Which of these 3 "steps" do you struggle with most? 

Alison

Cindy Simmons
(@shortmeyer)
Eminent Member
27/04/2020 7:55 pm  

I think the hardest thing for me is publicly speaking out for him. I get all tongue tied when I try and am afraid I will say the wrong thing. I need to remember it’s the Lord that gives the words not me!

ReplyQuote
StaceyLK
(@staceylk)
Eminent Member
28/04/2020 2:15 am  

Siftowto what Cindy said above! I am a behind the scenes girl! I have the hardest time with speaking!!! 😜

ReplyQuote
Alison Simmons
(@laughhopethrive)
Member Admin
28/04/2020 9:24 am  

@shortmeyer @staceylk 

I get it! I actually felt that way (and still do at times) but God has really convicted me and reassured me in this area. He commands me to share and then leave the results up to Him!

I have found that when I just talk about Jesus ALL the time without caring who I am around or being concerned about whether or not they are Christian, it just happens naturally. He is always doing something in my life so it is easy to point back to Him in nearly every conversation I have!

Alison

ReplyQuote
Share:
Loading cart ...