Notifications
Clear all

Day 26: Mathew 22:37-40  

RSS

Alison Simmons
(@laughhopethrive)
Member Admin
26/04/2020 1:41 pm  

And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.

3 little letters that change things in a very BIG way! It's easy to love God partially. We do it all the time. We love Him in the areas of our lives where we like what He is doing, where He is blessing us and it is easy to agree with Him.

But what about the areas of our heart that disagree with God? The times and circumstances that we believe we know better than what He tells us is right. What about those little idols that we have tucked away that we don't turn to daily, but we still turn to regularly? Even small "bad habits" that we find comfort in rather than God will disqualify us from this word "all."

God commands us to love Him ALL the way and Jesus reinforces that in today's verses. And if we can't do that, then we will really struggle with doing the 2nd commandment to love our neighbors as ourselves!!

I don't mean to imply that we can't enjoy anything other than Bible! But when we seek comfort, esteem, justification, or worth in anything other than the Lord, we are not loving Him ALL the way.

Do you have something that you know you love more than God? Something or someone that you would rather have, if even for a moment, more than Jesus?

If you are not sure, here is a great question to ask yourself..."If I can't have _____ when I want it, will I be angry/hurt/sad?" If the answer is yes, this is an area you need to ask God to help you give to Him. If that seems scary, I get it!!! But you can do, friend. And you won't regret it, I can promise you that. 😍  

This topic was modified 2 weeks ago 2 times by Alison Simmons

Alison

StaceyLK
(@staceylk)
Eminent Member
26/04/2020 7:23 pm  

It's true. We usually don't give Him our ALL all of the time. Thanks so much for this reminder!

ReplyQuote
Cindy Simmons
(@shortmeyer)
Eminent Member
26/04/2020 9:01 pm  

That is a great question to ask!  What do we want more than Jesus?  I pray that my thoughts will always revolve around Him and my wants will be for HIM!  May we strive to love the Lord our God with all our heart!

ReplyQuote
Share:
Loading cart ...