Notifications
Clear all

Day 25: Mathew 11:28-30  

RSS

Alison Simmons
(@laughhopethrive)
Member Admin
25/04/2020 7:53 am  

These verses are an invitation to trust Jesus personally, not merely believe historical facts about Him. 

But we must be careful not to take these verses and manipulate them. Jesus is not telling us that Believers will never work hard, deal with trials, and suffer. 

"All who labor and are heavy laden" refers to those that are oppressed by the burden of religious legalism. When we give up the burden of and guilt of trying to earn our salvation and seek forgiveness for our sins, we will find His yoke is easy and light.

Having faith in Jesus provides rest for our souls.

What are you carrying around that makes your "yoke" heavy? Is there a sin you can't seem to let go of or accept that you have been forgiven for? Do you struggle with feeling obligated to say/do certain things to fit in your church community? What do you need to give to God today so that He can give you rest?

Alison

Cindy Simmons
(@shortmeyer)
Eminent Member
25/04/2020 5:04 pm  

I have enjoyed following along in the scriptures with you these last few weeks. I think from now on when I do my morning devotions i will write out scripture in my journal.  It has become a habit now and I like to focus on a particular verse and really think about it. Thank you for taking the time to do this me ♥️

ReplyQuote
Arussell2012
(@arussell2012)
25/04/2020 6:21 pm  

I was so encouraged by these verses today. I was just thinking in general. I hate having unresolved problems. I need things taken of now or I am unease. So my peace and rest comes when I think I think they are resolved. Instead of relying on God, knowing even when I am weary he is there and he can give me rest. It was such a good reminder. And I have a friend going through a hard situation and it was a perfect timing reminding her of this verse! 

thank you for doing this! 💜

ReplyQuote
Alison Simmons
(@laughhopethrive)
Member Admin
26/04/2020 1:24 pm  
Posted by: @arussell2012

It was such a good reminder. And I have a friend going through a hard situation and it was a perfect timing reminding her of this verse! 

I am always amazed when God gives us the exact words we need exactly when we need them! <3 

Alison

ReplyQuote
Alison Simmons
(@laughhopethrive)
Member Admin
26/04/2020 1:25 pm  
Posted by: @shortmeyer

I think from now on when I do my morning devotions i will write out scripture in my journal.  It has become a habit now and I like to focus on a particular verse and really think about it.

That's awesome! I agree that once I started doing it and it became a habit, it was something I couldn't imagine NOT doing. I am so thankful that it has been so beneficial for you <3 

Alison

ReplyQuote
StaceyLK
(@staceylk)
Eminent Member
26/04/2020 7:27 pm  

I forgot to post yesterday...but these verses hold a special place in my heart & life. We prayed for my grandparents salvation for as long as I can remember. My grandmother was on her death bed, and Pastor Simmons read these verses to her & she accepted the Lord right then! It was something we had prayed for for so very long!!! And she was different after that! She lasted a few more weeks, and her countenance was peaceful & she had never been peaceful before! ❤❤❤

ReplyQuote
Share:
Loading cart ...