Clear all

Day 23: John 1:14, 18  

RSS

Alison Simmons
(@laughhopethrive)
Member Admin
23/04/2020 7:24 am  

A few things to note about these verses:

1) The Word became flesh does not mean that God ceased being God to become human. In the most amazing event in all of history, the eternal, all-knowing, all-powerful holy Son of God lived among humanity and was both God and man at the same time.

2) The fact that He dwelt among us is HUGE! Up to this point, God has only been in the tabernacle and then the temple. The people had to go to God to be in His presence. But now, He came to them!!

3) Before Jesus came, no one has ever seen God. Even Moses, who regularly talked with God on Mt Siani and who had to wear a veil because his exposure to God's glory actually made him glow, had not actually seen God. But now people have seen God and can know Him through His son.

Are you as blown away by this as I am?! Again, too often we read these verses and don't take the time to realize just how amazing they are. Separate from salvation, have you ever had an encounter with God when you felt like your understanding of just how AMAZING He is dawned on you? 

Alison

Cindy Simmons
(@shortmeyer)
Eminent Member
23/04/2020 11:45 pm  

I have had encounters with the Lord through music. He really speaks to me when I am listening to songs written for Him. Tearing down walls and giving me strength to keep going on.  It’s at times like these His great awesomeness has dawned on me. ♥️

ReplyQuote
StaceyLK
(@staceylk)
Eminent Member
23/04/2020 11:45 pm  

I think it's sad how we really do seem to get desensitized as Christians. The longer we're a Christian, sometimes we just start to skim over the things we "know". But man...to have witnessed or been a part of some of the things in these times!!?!! Mind blowing!!! It was actually Joel's dad that preached a sermon once, (way back when) that I remember actually feeling the hair on my arms & neck stand up as he talked about the miracle feeding of the 5,000. He was talking from the viewpoint of a Disciple. Imagine their feelings & thoughts as they look at what Jesus is blessing & telling them to give out. Ummm....Jesus, there's like, a ton of people here. How will THIS feed all of them?!? So they take their one basket & start to hand out this meager amount of food that they know will NEVER make it to the poor people in the back! But get this: that basket keeps going....and as they hand out a tiny bit of food to the first group...it's still full?! What?! Then they see that it's still full when they get past the next group....WHAT IS GOING ON?!?! They begin to get super excited...realizing...I can't even get RID of this food!! And they just start laughing & crying & giving bigger handfuls to everyone!!! I mean....the way Pastor said it...I remember actually feeling so excited like the Disciples must have! I couldn't imagine this miracle! It literally made me get the chills when as I was typing this up, because I remember how I felt during that sermon, realizing what an awesome God we serve!

All of that to say, yes! I have had moments in my life where I realized, truly realized, how amazing He is. That was not the only time...and the other time is a lot more personal but I've already written a book! Haha!

ReplyQuote
Alison Simmons
(@laughhopethrive)
Member Admin
24/04/2020 8:14 am  
Posted by: @staceylk

I remember actually feeling so excited like the Disciples must have! I couldn't imagine this miracle! It literally made me get the chills when as I was typing this up, because I remember how I felt during that sermon, realizing what an awesome God we serve!

I just love that! What a gift from God that He opened your heart that way that day! 😍 

Alison

StaceyLK liked
ReplyQuote
Alison Simmons
(@laughhopethrive)
Member Admin
24/04/2020 8:16 am  

@shortmeyer Joel is the same way! I am sometimes moved by a song, but it just doesn't happen as often for me. I love that God speaks to all of us differently. 

Alison

ReplyQuote
Share:
Loading cart ...