Notifications
Clear all

DAY 1: Genesis 1:1-2 Reflection (share yours by replying to this topic)  

RSS

Alison Simmons
(@laughhopethrive)
Member Admin
01/04/2020 9:39 am  

So here we go! Day 1 starts of "In the beginning..." and that is the best place to start our challenge AND our faith.

As you think on these verses, take a minute to really question whether or not you believe them to be the Truth. Is the biblical account of Creation really real or is it just a nice story? Faith is believing in what is not seen. No one was there when God created the universe, so we much rely on what the Bible tells us about how it happened. The crux of our faith in all the rest of the Bible begins right here...do you really believe what you say you believe? 

Please share your thoughts below. They don't have to be terribly deep. 😉 If all you do is comment that you read this post and completed the scripture writing for today, that is enough. You may find that this question sticks in your head all day long as you wrestle with it. You are always welcome to come back and share your thoughts if you have them later!

Alison

StaceyLK liked
Racheljacobi
(@racheljacobi)
01/04/2020 10:22 am  

I think sometimes I forget how grand the account of creation is. I fall into the “ Sunday school” telling routine.   I read it, I believe it and I teach it to my children but I dont soak it in. If God can perfectly create the heavens and all living things, he can certainly sustain me in my everyday circumstances. With the pandemic that the world is in today it is comforting to be reminded of creation and just how powerful our God is. 

ReplyQuote
JoAmmon
(@joammon)
01/04/2020 11:14 am  

I definitely agree that it is truth, but I feel I take it for granted. I get so busy in my everyday life and worries, I forget the immeasurable power God has over the world and everything in it. All He had to do was speak it, and everything just was. That's baffling and humbling, but also incredibly comforting. 

Another thing that stuck out to me from the scripture was "God moved upon the face of the waters." I want to live a life where I can feel God moving upon me. Without him, I, like the earth, would be void and in the darkness. 

ReplyQuote
StaceyLK
(@staceylk)
Eminent Member
01/04/2020 12:14 pm  

In the beginning. It sounds so simple. He spoke. It came to be. Sounds simple - but WOW! Not simple. Miraculous. Mind blowing! Yet we just kinda skip right by it. At least I do. It's there. I believe it. But if we could just stop for a minute & really, truly think about it...how awe inspiring it truly is...?! 

ReplyQuote
ljmartin
(@ljmartin)
01/04/2020 3:15 pm  

The Beginning, it is hard for us to even imagine a beginning, a place where there was nothing. And even harder to believe that someone created it. So we must believe that God is the only one who could have created the earth that we live on and all the things on it. All he had to do was speak and things were made. How awesome that is!

ReplyQuote
Cindy Simmons
(@shortmeyer)
Eminent Member
01/04/2020 5:22 pm  

“In the beginning...” everything has a beginning but God has ALWAYS been! I love that we were part of God’s plan, we are not here by chance. We were created for a purpose...to praise and glorify Him forever!

ReplyQuote
Arussell2012
(@arussell2012)
01/04/2020 8:58 pm  

I think I am the same as the others. I have read it and I believe it. This was the first verses I taught my son. But you can miss the big picture of it, so it made me think, When the earth had nothing on it, God was still there. God took nothing and created this beautiful place where we live, and our world is upside down for us. But for God it’s not, because he’s the same yesterday and today.  Literally the first three verses shows the power of God. I found it very encouraging! 

ReplyQuote
Hrand62312
(@hrand62312)
01/04/2020 9:12 pm  

I so very strongly believe what I say I believe. It is completely awe inspiring to think that the God who literally spoke the earth into existence is the same God who lives in me. I tend to put God in a box so to speak and forget how truly powerful He is. These verses are such a great reminder that no matter the situation God is in control and can handle it. It's so important to lean on him during these difficult times instead of focusing on what is out of our control. 

ReplyQuote
Kammon0001
(@kammon0001)
01/04/2020 11:08 pm  

I have read the verses and reflected on them. God is so powerful to create something out of nothing. The beginning of the Bible shows just how powerful he is. I cant wait to dig deeper and continue on with this challenge. 😀 

ReplyQuote
Share:
Loading cart ...